Positive and negative impacts of internet
Positive impact of internet
- The faster, cheaper and easier medium of communication.
- Information sharing and browsing
- File transfer facility
- Reach to world wide viewers
- Effective, easier, faster, and cheaper promotion of a product or services
- Better customer support, and customer relationship management (CRM)
- Online services like banking, shopping, education
- E-mail communication for sending and receiving electronic documents
- Enhance collaboration between different organizations
- Effective supply chain management
- Electronic payment system using credit/debit cards, ATM, online payment, electronic cheque, smart card, electronic purse.
- Newsgroups for instant sharing of news and feedback systems
- Creation of new job opportunities related with internet.
- Remote access to use computer in remote locations
- Source for entertainment
- Social networking for instant touch with friends and relatives.
Negative impacts of internet
- It is the most common medium for spreading malicious software like viruses, worm.
- It has increased piracy
- Pornography (uploading, publishing, viewing sexual contents in the form of text, image, audio and video)
- Steeling, modifying or destructing authentic data
- Piracy of software, audio, video or other intellectual contents.
- Hacking of organizational system, website, and database.
- It is also used to harass people by sending insulting comments, making vulgar cartoons, blackmailing
- Unemployment problem for the individuals not having knowledge about the internet.
- It has increased the digital divide.
Check here to Find First Part
Check here to Find Second Part
Check here to Find Third Part